Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Coconutty Chocolate Chip Cookie

A couple weeks ago my neighbor gave me a recipe for some really good chocolate chip cookies. I wasn't use to them because they did not have the buttery taste cookies are supposed to have. I thought to myself change is good. Yesterday after a weekend of cookout food (which was delicious) Marty and I wanted a sugary treat. So I went to get all the ingredients for the cookies. Long and behold I was missing the shorting and vegetable oil. Then my brilliant husband said "why don't you use the coconut oil for the shorting". But, I was still missing one more ingredient (the vegetable oil). I remembered that I had some walnut oil and I used that to substitute the vegetable oil. When the cookies were done I gave one to Marty, because if he liked it then I knew it was good. Sure enough he did and he said it had a nutty coconut taste. But it feels good to put stuff in your food that only has one ingredient.

But for all you who want to try it. Here are the ingredients:

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2cup granulated sugar
1/2 Pure coconut oil
1/2 cup of walnut oil
1 egg 1tsp vanilla extract
2cups all-purpose flour
2tsp cream of tartar
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli chips, they taste better than any other chocolate chip out their)

In a bowl beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, walnut oil and coconut oil until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Then put the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into the sugar mixture. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.

Let them bake for about 8 minutes on 350 degrees F. Then let them cool on a wire rack.

Then wal-lah you have some delicious coconutty chocolate chip cookies and might I add a good call on substituting those ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment