Friday, May 14, 2010

Animal Felt Magnets

Today was an uncrafty day. I was so busy running around trying to find Courtney thee perfect first communion gift, I totally lost track of time. On the other hand, I am so excited about what I just made a couple days ago. This project is for all who do not know how to sew or just do not have access to a sewing machine. They are really easy and fun to do. I started doing them a couple nights ago while in bed. Usually, I read in bed at night but that just seems to put me to sleep after 5 or so minutes of reading. They are fun little magnets for the kids to play with and they keep Kat busy while I am making dinner.




You can go to Michaels Craft store to get all of your supplies.


Materials:
Soft felt
embroidery floss
magnets



Once I started I was addicted, I could not stop. I first started of making the tree, cat and dog. When I saw how much she loved them I knew I had to make more so that's when I did the ducks and the water, horse, and the pig. Now every morning when she gets up she runs to the fridge to play with them.
They are 2 pieces of felt. you can cut them out individually or you can fold the felt and knock out two birds with one fold (my silly sense of humor). Once they are cut out then you start to sew them with the floss. You can use regular thread but the embroidery floss is a lot thicker and won't break a easly. So you start by putting the two pieces of felt together and I sewed around the seams with a whip stitch you could also use a blanket stitch (I perfer the whip stitch). Before you finish your stitching put the magnet inside (you can put some stuffing inside if you want) and close it up.



Now that I am finished with these I think I might make a farm house to go with the lonely animals. Or for the oldest daughter I think I might do a alphabet magnet set. We will see, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment