Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Did Someone say "Candy Apples"


Oh yes I did....
I have been craving candy apples for sooo long and since I have an abundance of apples in my house I figured I would make some. I tried many recipes for candy apples in the past but this one I found on the Internet by FAR beat out all the other ones that I've tried. Also, it used the least amount of ingredients (everything one should have in their kitchen.

So I am going to be a good friend and share this recipe with you all. Because I am so loving and maybe you will have a much fun doing them with your children as much as I did with mine.

Ingredients
2c of granulated sugar
1/2c light corn syrup
3/4c water
3/4tsp of red food coloring
8 medium apples (I used a mixture of Granny Smith and delicious apples)
Candy thermometer



  1. First you need to wash and dry your apples so the candy will adhere to them.

  2. Next, insert your sticks into the apples. ( I used wooden dowels b/c they are a lot thicker than Popsicle sticks)
You also need to line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with some Pam (baking ). That's so the candy apples will not stick to the sheet when they are done.




Making the Candy



  1. In a medium saucepan, put all of your ingredients together.

  2. Stir until the sugar has dissolved (Important- the sugar must be dissolved before it boils to prevent crystallization)



  3. When the liquid starts boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and if you notice the liquid starts to crystallize around the edges of the pan use a pastry brush with warm water to wipe it away.




  4. When the liquid reached 280 degrees F take it off of the heat.


  5. Then, you can start your dipping.

Okay, I had to take a picture of the girls eating them. I mean......you have to enjoy the fruits of your labor.




It was definitely bath time after they ate them. They were sooooooo sticky. But they were very delicious.



Hope you guys enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment