Wednesday, December 1, 2010

UPDATE: Advent Calendar

Hope all you guys had a food-filled Thanksgiving because I know I did. All of the tasty treats including my disaster Lemon meringue pie (which was soupy). All in all our trip to Luray, VA was wonderful.
(The annual Devanny, Belton and Leland football game)SOOOOO Funny



Well, guys it's December 1st and I am proud to say that my Advent calendar is done. Needless to say I finished it late last night. BUT IT IS DONE.

The girls were so excited the whole time I was sewing the calendar. Constantly asking me "Are you done, are you done." Well, just Courtney asking me that, Kat could care less what I was doing. She wanted to get her hands onto the scissors and cut into all of my felt and get into ALL of my glitter.
I did get tons finished over the Thanksgiving break, thanks to my AWESOME niece's and nephews and that Adorable baby Gabe who kept my children occupied.


During the drive to Luray I did get most of my ornaments done and sewed on most of the pockets there. My family better appreciate this calendar because my fingers are sooo sore from all of the threading. Here are the ornaments that will go into random pockets to go onto the tree.





Here is the finished product of all my hard work.



The stick that's holding my calendar is one from my tree in the back yard. A.C. Moore had a sale on the cutest glitter scrapbooking paper. So I HAD to get a couple of them.



All in all, I think this calendar turned out really good. I am so proud of myself.


Now that I have all the pockets filled with ornaments and candy, I can focus on other big projects like:


  • the floors on the main level

  • Baby Christina's room

Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment