Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun with bunnies and ducks

Now this was a fun project I got to do with the girls. The older girls that is, Christina was to busy sleeping, eating and pooping. I got the inspiration from Micheals. They had a display of Easter crafts and Courtney was just begging me to buy the materials for it.

So like the good mother that I am I bought them. ;-)

Here are the material that you are going to need.
2 1/2 in. Styrofoam balls
Mini flower pots ( I used two of each)
googly eyes
glue gun
Paint (any color of your choice)
Color foam sheets
fuzzy pipe cleaners
sequins (optional)
scissors
foam paint brushes

It seems like a lot of stuff because truthfully it is. The mini-flower pots were on sale for 2 for $.89 and everything else was no more than $2. But, most of the supplies I used I had in my craft cabinet already. 

First thing you need to do is paint the outside of your mini flower pot. I choose white for the bunny and yellow for the ducks.  If you are doing this with children make sure you have PLENTY of newspaper on the table you are working on. They made an absolute mess.
What was I thinking letting Kat use a paint brush all by herself. LOL but she and Coutney had loads of fun.




Then decorate them to your hearts desire. Cutting out different shapes with the styrofoam sheets. Oh I forgot to add I also used these 3-D glitter pens. They really come in hand when the kids want to work with glitter and you are afraid that they will get glitter everywhere.

 
Aren't they just darling. I think they turned out really good. 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment